Friday, October 31, 2008

The Palinist Manifesto

You probably (or hopefully) don't know this about me but I am just a corn-fed girl from rural Nebraska; my familial roots are in the bible belt. As of late, from these roots grows a conflict. All of my family members are hard-core Evangelical/Republicans and I try desperately, for our mutual advantage, to find a common ground upon which we can communally build a better foundation for America.

And I think I may have found it on redstate.com in The Palinist Manifesto

From the 9 years I spent in the church, perched on my father's knee while he played the organ for the choir, I learned that every person is exactly same-- we all want to be free! We just have partisan differences of opinion on how to get there. Perhaps Sarah Palin can dispel those differences?

In the interest of baring a different side of my multi-faceted buttresses, I want to share a brilliant article from a promising young girl, I suspect to be not much different from myself. She makes some awesome points that honestly give me hope. Palin could be the beacon that guides us through the impending GOP reformation (pardon the pun) and into a brand new feminism.

By charging rape victims, Palin is challenging the infantilzation of the female victim as helpless and vulnerable. Palin refuses to enable women as they retreat into the state of victimization to which society confines them. By treating a woman as a responsible individual capable of making rational decisions and financial transaction, Palin empowers potentially disempowered female victims with a sense of ownership and agency. This policy also offers a radical economic revisioning, an antithesis of the the male-as-bread-winner model.


I can see how that could be construed as controversial but I do see merit in the total liberalization of social services because If everyone just understood that they were on their own, they would be much more responsible about where they walk, whom they go into dark alleys with and what they wear in those alleys.

The article goes on to make other great points about the lack of feminist perspective in the way the media have portrayed her:

these supposed "extravagances" can be reread as expressions of 4th wave feminism in which women actively exploit their own beauty and sexuality. Instead of feeling forced or reduced to sexual beings, women can instead empower themselves by transforming tools (beauty and sexuality) of oppression and dismissal into tools of empowerment and advantage.


Hey, if ya got it, flaunt it, right? If you are qualified enough to be president, then its irrelevant if you pile on the makeup like a trollop, you cant judge a book by its cover.

No comments: